Something wonderful has happened to me, a total newby in the world of blogging! Lena from the blog, Mina Moka nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award for up and coming but still small bloggers this past week.
I am so pleased that Lena took the time to read my blog and think it worthy enough to list as one of her 11. Thank you so much, Lena! My blog is still very much a work in progress, but is sure feels nice to be noticed. This is so encouraging for me, which in turn makes me want to keep going.
In order to qualify for the Liebster Blog Award, I have to:
- Answer the 11 questions Lena asked of me,
- Post 11 random things about myself,
- Nominate 11 more up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (not always easy to tell the number of followers),
- Notify them and link them to my post.
- Create 11 new questions for these bloggers to answer.
- Tag backs are not allowed.
To quote Lena at Mina Moka, “Of course it is nice and flattering that it is called ‘award’, but more than anything it is a nice chance to get small blogs a little more attention, to connect and to let your readers find out a little more about yourself”.
So here are Lena’s questions and my answers:
If you could pick any city in the world to live in for one year – which one would that be? London, England without hesitation. From its medieval roots to its innovative contemporary design, it is one of the most fascinating cities to discover and I would love to spend a year doing just that.
Coffee or tea? Coffee! I can’t function without my morning coffee.
Which sense is more important to you: sight or hearing? Sight. As an aesthetic person my pleasure comes from being able to see the beauty around me.
What is your most annoying habit? I can be bossy.
Pick a movie: Fiction or documentary? I must confess I like documentaries. I like to learn while I watch. Its part of my need to multi-task. One of my latest favourites is “Last Call at the Oasis.” A depressing, but ultimately uplifting account of the impending global water crisis.
What was your favorite book as a child? The books I seem to remember reading faithfully were the Nancy Drew series. I have always loved mysteries because I like to figure things out. I like puzzles too!
What is your favorite book today? I still love mysteries but I am not sure I could name one as standing out as the best. I like the author Elizabeth George, and now that I think of it, her stories are usually set in England. One of my favourite fiction books is, “Midnight’s Children” by Salmon Rushdie.
How many close friends do you have? Too many! Thank god for social media because now I can actually keep in touch with them.
Do you like questionnaires? I don’t mind them.
You have won one million (Dollars, Euros, whatever…) in the lottery- and now? My bags are packed, and I am ready to go live my year of exploration and discovery in London!
How are you today? I feel wonderful. I just spent an intensive week learning some new skills and I feel inspired to take action.
Wait there is more!!
11 random facts about me.
- I am a first born. (hence the annoying bossiness)
- I am a Leo (again, the bossiness – starting to get the picture?)
- I love spinach.
- I rarely take no for an answer.
- I brush my hair only once a day and that is in the morning.
- I love babies.
- I give monthly to Amnesty International.
- I belong to CISV, an organization dedicated to building global friendships, and to educating and inspiring action for a more just and peaceful world.
- I have 3 kids.
- My husband is also an architect.
- I like rain.
Here are my 11 choices for up and coming bloggers!
- Advo Kate
- no. 40
- sang the bird
- page thirteen
- blissful mediocrity
- stay basic
- meg melrose
- shambolic living
- finding the fork in the road
- life in sketch
Questions for my 11:
- Why did you choose the shoes you are wearing?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What sunny destination do you like best?
- If you could rethink your career path would you have chosen differently?
- If you were to eat out tonight what kind of food would you choose?
- Would you rather swim or run?
- Do you prefer country music or rock n roll?
- Do you have kids?
- How would your best friend describe you in one sentence?
- Where were you born?
- Are you a party animal or party vegetable?
I hope you guys are keen to participate because I can’t wait to read your answers! Ciao xo
Photo by Victor Mironenko